GIR, Global Macro Research, Associate/ Vice President, Latin America Economics, New York
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Global Investment Research (GIR) division provides investment recommendations by generating fundamental research and analysis of economies, markets, industries and companies. GIR analysts help our clients achieve superior returns by seeking to develop creative, differentiated investment insights and ideas. Our clients include asset managers, hedge funds, mutual funds, and pension funds, among others.
We are seeking a PhD candidate in economics to join the Global Macro Research team in New York. Macro Research focuses on the intersection between economics and financial markets across a wide class of assets including equities, fixed income/credit, currencies, and commodities. This role reports to our head of Latin America Research.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Generate unique, thematic written research
- Develop quantitative models to forecast economic growth, inflation, and interest rates
- Interpret and comment on high-frequency economic data releases
- Build and maintain financial models
- Present economic/market views to external and internal clients
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD in Economics
- Fluency in Spanish would be an advantage
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- A proven capability for original and thought-provoking research
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a close team setting
- An enthusiastic researcher
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to interact with global stakeholders
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top