GIR Fellowship Program
- New York, NY
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Global Investment Research (GIR) provides investment recommendations by generating fundamental research and analysis of companies, industries, markets and economies. GIR analysts help our clients achieve superior returns through our creative, differentiated investment insights and ideas. Our clients include mutual funds, hedge funds and pension funds, among others.
We are seeking experienced candidates interested in making a career transition to sell-side equity research. The six-month fellowship will provide training and hands-on experience on a research team as well as networking and mentorship opportunities.
As a participant, you will:
- Learn about our culture, as well as the benefits and responsibilities of being a member of the firm
- Receive GIR-specific training designed to help you succeed
- Be aligned to a sector and have the opportunity to participate in various aspects of your team's daily workflow
- Receive compensation and benefits
Working closely with a Senior Analyst and other members of the division, the responsibilities of the fellow are to:
- Develop strong industry and company knowledge
- Build and maintain financial models
- Interpret data and perform analysis on market, economic and industry trends
- Work on company specific projects
- Write reports on companies under coverage
- Update and maintain monthly reports, marketing books and valuation sheets
- Respond to ad hoc requests from clients, sales, and traders where applicable
- 3+ years of work experience
- Interest in sell-side equity research
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous teams
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top