GIR, Equity Research, TMT Research Strategist, VP or Associate
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs' Global Investment Research division delivers value-added research to clients in the equity, fixed income, currency and commodities markets. Goldman Sachs develops global client-focused research in economics, portfolio strategy, derivatives and equity and credit securities. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies. Global Investment Research produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyze financial information, strategic issues and trends that affect companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale.
The goal of the TMT Research Strategist is to collaborate with our analyst s to provide actionable company and industry investment insights and market color to our institutional investor clients. This individual will be responsible for:
- Actively engaging with senior research analysts to identify and develop collaborative research opportunities across global sectors and themes
- Strategizing with research, sales and trading to maximize the impact of investment research on the firm's institutional clients
- Developing plans to expand the breadth and depth of touch points with the firm's public company coverage, leading private companies, and our institutional investor clients
- Leveraging Goldman Sachs' cross-asset, cross-department, and global research resources
- Taking an active role in developing research teams and their client relationships by targeting new relationships, facilitating interactions, and creating client events
- 5+ years related experience within sales, trading, sell side investment research or asset management
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and be a team player
- Comfortable taking initiative and demonstrating resourcefulness
- Technology sector experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree Required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top