GIR, Equity Research, Media & Entertainment, Associate, NY
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Working closely with the Senior Analyst and other members of the Equity Research Media and Entertainment team, the goal of the Associate is to:
- Write reports/notes on companies under coverage
- Help create and maintain financial and market models primarily for various Media and Entertainment companies and markets
- Communicate with the equities sales force and traders, clients and company managements
- 3-5 years related experience at a financial services firm
- Experience in sell or buy-side equity research and/or investment banking. Media and Entertainment or adjacent sectors preferred
- Experience building and updating financial models
- Strong accounting fundamentals
- Experience analyzing, creating and marketing investment ideas
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with teams
- High level of interest in analyzing the listed markets
- Comfortable taking initiative and demonstrating resourcefulness
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top