GIR, Equity Research, MD / PhD Fellowship
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
GOLDMAN SACHS FIRM OVERVIEW
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Global Investment Research (GIR) provides investment recommendations by generating fundamental research and analysis of companies, industries, markets and economies. GIR analysts help our clients achieve superior returns through our creative, differentiated investment insights and ideas. Our clients include mutual funds, hedge funds and pension funds, among others.
Goldman Sachs is seeking MD or PhD candidates or graduates with non-finance backgrounds to participate in a 6 month fellowship. The Fellowship will enable MDs and PhDs to explore a potential career transition into Equity Research. The Fellows are provided with training and hands-on experience on a research team as well as networking and mentorship opportunities. The Fellowship:
- Is open to Medical Doctors or PhDs in technology, science, energy, medical, or healthcare related disciplines.
- Does not require finance experience however, an interest in investing or a basic knowledge of the markets is helpful.
- Build and maintain financial models
- Market share, macro trend, and cross company and sector data analyses
- Company specific projects
- Update monthly reports, marketing books, and weekly reports
- Update and maintain daily valuation sheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, lateral thinking, and judgment
- A proactive approach and a high level of enthusiasm
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines
Please note: this Fellowship is only open to applicants who will be available for full time employment starting in January 2019
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top