GIR, Equity Research, Electric Utilities, VP/Associate
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experienced equity research/investment analyst in the utilities or power sector
- Ability to provide lead equity research coverage on 10+ utility equities within a brief period of time
- Strong team orientation and the ability to manage other team members
- Excellent analytical skills, proficiency in Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven record of gaining increasing responsibility in current/prior roles
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic track record
- 3-4+ years of experience in sell-side or buy-side investment research
- Strong industry knowledge or previous experience in the utilities or power sector
- Strong knowledge of accounting, finance, and valuation
- Comfortable taking initiative and being resourceful/entrepreneurial
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous teams
- Recommendations likely required/requested from institutional investors (mutual fund, hedge fund, etc.)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top