GIR, Credit Research, Investment Grade, Financial Services, Business Analyst – New York
Goldman Sachs’ Global Investment Research division delivers value-added research to clients in the equity, fixed income, currency and commodities markets. Goldman Sachs develops global client-focused research in economics, portfolio strategy, derivatives and equity and credit securities. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies.
Global Investment Research produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyze financial information, strategic issues and trends that impact companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale.
Credit Research analysts assess corporate debt and cover specific industry sectors to identify and communicate investment opportunities and make recommendations. Equipped with a fundamental understanding of trends and issues, research teams analyze companies within the context of their particular industry.
Working closely with a Managing Director in Credit Research, the Business Analyst will be responsible for:
- Analyzing Financial Services companies, publishing investment recommendations on their debt securities and derivatives
- Developing and updating financial models using excel, which are used to project earnings, and providing detailed analysis of capital structures
- Publishing industry and company specific reports
- Working extensively with our sales force, trading desk and strategy teams
- Daily dialogue with investor clients, corporate issuers of debt securities, sales and trading
- Developing presentations for marketing use to external and internal client
Basic Qualifications• 1-3 years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis, strong preference for experience analyzing the Financials sector
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience building and updating financial models
- Experience analyzing, creating and marketing investment ideas
Preferred Qualifications• Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in excel
- Ability to work in a high energy environment
- Comfortable taking initiative and being resourceful/entrepreneurial
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous teams
- Passion for following the markets, both debt and equity
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top