GIR, Credit Research, High Yield Basic Materials, Business Analyst – New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Global Investment Research produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyze financial information, strategic issues and trends that impact companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale.
Credit Research analysts assess corporate debt and cover specific industry sectors to identify and communicate investment opportunities and make recommendations. Equipped with a fundamental understanding of trends and issues, research teams analyze companies within the context of their particular industry.
Working closely with a Vice President in Credit Research, the Business Analyst will be responsible for:
- Analyzing Metals & Mining, Chemicals, Packaging & Container companies, publishing investment recommendations on their debt securities and derivatives
- Developing and updating financial models using excel, which are used to project earnings, and providing detailed analysis of capital structures
- Publishing industry and company specific reports
- Working extensively with our sales force, trading desk and strategy teams
- Daily dialogue with investor clients, corporate issuers of debt securities, sales and trading
- Developing presentations for marketing use to external and internal client
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis, strong preference for experience analyzing Basic Materials sectors
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience building and updating financial models
- Experience analyzing, creating and marketing investment ideas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in excel
- Ability to work in a high energy environment
- Comfortable taking initiative and being resourceful/entrepreneurial
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous teams
- Passion for following the markets, both debt and equity
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top