Gas and Power Logistics Associate / VP - London
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Gas and Power Logistics are responsible for managing all aspects of physical deliveries of Gas, Power and Emissions for the European Gas and Power business. The team partners very closely with the Trading business to assist them in managing any risks which arise from our power trading portfolio. We also compile market intelligence and analysis for the Trading desk using our knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of the European gas and power markets. Additionally, the team partners with Sales, Legal, Technology and other internal stakeholders to on-board new physical transactions, markets and products.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Managing all physical gas, power and emissions deliveries via internal systems and external vendors.
- Assisting the Euro Gas and Power traders in daily power auction bid submission and cross border capacity auctions.
- Providing Traders & Sales Teams with timely and accurate market data.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Gas & Power Industry to enable the impact of any market structure changes to be understood and communicated to the Business and other internal stakeholders.
- Ensuring all market structure changes are managed to ensure continued participation in physical market and auction platforms.
- Partner with Technology to further enhance systems and processes.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast moving environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Team oriented approach - openness and good communication skills within the team and the ability to work across functions inside and outside of Operations
- Innovation, able to suggest & implement ideas to complement & develop new processes as they evolve with the business
- Self-motivated to manage projects and seek opportunities to enhance business benefit
- Focus on control issues, processes and procedures
- A European language whilst not essential would be advantageous
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top