Futures Electronic Execution Services Strategist, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and care about every microsecond. We provide real-time access to critical information and crunch billions of data points each day to provide insights and execute strategies on exchanges across the world. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The team provides execution services across the firm. We partner with the firms' sales and trading desks as well as our clients to develop cutting edge solutions for order management, execution algorithms and exchange connectivity. Almost every trader in the firm uses our software which gives a unique and exciting opportunity to work across almost every asset class.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Asia markets are growing. We have increasing demand for technical solutions developed in the region to ensure best in class algorithms for our clients.
- Develop order management systems and execution algorithms for the firm and its clients
- Use statistical techniques to conceive, design, analysis, and measure strategies
- Acquire, clean, maintain and analyze data sets to identify trends & patterns
- Work as part of a global team
- Implement software using GS-proprietary technologies, C++ and Java
- Partner with experts to provide excellent tools for our clients and traders
Successful members of our team hold Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degrees in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) discipline. We are interested in bright individuals who have mathematical and computational backgrounds, a willingness to learn about finance and possess skills in the following:
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems, implementing fundamental algorithms and working with different programming languages - C / C++ / Java
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands-on experience with an object oriented programming language in a front office environment
- Finance: understanding of market dynamics and conventions, and of different products' behaviors and specifications
- Mathematics: understanding of time series analysis, statistics, data mining and numerical techniques
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top