Full Stack Developer - Core Engineering - Payments - Associate - Warsaw
- Warsaw, Poland
At Goldman Sachs, our engineers don't just build things, we make things possible. We pride in connecting people and capital with ideas and solving the most challenging problems for your clients. We look for creative and self-motivated engineers who can collaborate to solve problems and build scalable, low latency and robust software systems.
Payments Engineering team builds and supports systems that manage the firm's cash flow. These systems manage the payment lifecycle, from initiation to execution, across 60 currencies spanning different channels globally and serving our institutional, consumer (Marcus and Apple card) and corporate clients.
Payments system is a key area of focus for financial services and fintech industry. It is at the centre of innovation for automation and streamlining.
We are looking for hands-on developers who are interested in problem solving, learning and experimenting with new technologies and building highly available and resilient applications. Individuals in the team have the opportunity to be involved in all stages of SDLC and work with the global team. This role is a great opportunity to be at the epicentre of innovation and work with highly motivated and capable individuals across the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Spring Boot,
- GS Search (proprietary search tool),
- Elastic search,
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Take ownership of the design, development, testing, and documentation of our systems
- Collaborate with business users and developers on a global scale
- Acquire an understanding of our business domain and requirements
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 3-5 years of professional experience coding in Java or other object oriented or functional
- Experience in database technologies
- Comfort with Agile operating models (practical experience of Scrum/Kanban)
- Strong technical, analytical, and communication skills
- Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated
- Experience with microservice architectures (SOA)
- Experience with Kafka, MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra
- Experience with Payments systems (understanding of the various payment networks)
- Experience with SQL databases (PostgreSQL/Oracle/Sybase)
- Experience with AWS/Azure
- Experience in Financial Services or Fintech
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top