Full Stack Developer - Core Engineering
- Bangalore, India
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Goldman Sachs Compliance Division prevents, detects and mitigates regulatory and reputational risk across the firm, and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance:
- assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk;
- monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations;
- designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training;
- conducts independent testing;
- investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches;
- and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries.
Compliance Engineering does not build tools in a silo. Our user base spans thousands of users globally. We partner with Compliance Officers across divisions, to fully understand the financial products, business strategies, and regulatory regimes. This knowledge enables us to build long-lasting software solutions, and to innovate with a purpose.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you passionate about developing mission-critical, high quality software solutions, using cutting-edge technology, in a dynamic environment?
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic professionals to join our engineering team and help build out a broad set of user facing and data processing platforms.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a member of our team, you will partner globally across multiple divisions and engineering teams to create end-to-end solutions. You will be able to innovate and incubate new ideas, and you will learn and share knowledge across the organization. You will have an opportunity to work on a broad range of projects, including monitoring of suspicious transactions; developing large-scale graph and search platforms; visualizing patterns of customer or employee behavior in an investigative UI; and automating workflows with new platforms and virtual assistants.
A successful candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar field of study.
- Expertise in Java, C++, Scala, Python, or a similar programming language.
- Proficiency in SQL and data manipulation.
- Experience in at least one of the following: distributed systems, platform engineering, large-scale system design, data mining, information retrieval, natural language processing, NoSQL databases, UI development with AngularJS or React.
- A very strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn and partner with others.
- The ability (and tenacity) to clearly express ideas and arguments in meetings and on paper.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top