Front Office Developer - Synthetic Products Group
- London, United Kingdom
The Synthetic Product Group (SPG) business offers institutional and hedge fund clients products which are optimal with respect to tax, balance sheet and funding. Business revenues come from commissions, financing and dividends through the trading of CFD and Equity Swap OTC instruments alongside futures, options, ETFs and structured products. The Synthetics business, a key growth area for the global Equities, is undergoing a transformational change. It is a complex and nuanced global business, operating with low latency at scale, requiring significant technological investment to make our platform the best in class.
SPG engineering team is a dynamic and innovative front office team that partners directly with trading, sales, quants, operations, prime services and other engineering teams. We are focused on building and enhancing the applications and workflows that support the SPG business and our clients. The platforms we develop cover trading workflow, inventory optimization, funding strategies, client reporting and post-trade functions. Many of our platforms are used across multiple equities business areas.
We are agile, global and diverse. We are seeking developers who will undertake development across all tiers of our business-facing systems.
You'll be responsible for designing, writing, reviewing, testing and implementing a variety of scalable applications leveraging the latest firm wide technologies and open source technologies . You will be expected to implement and suggest best development practices/methodologies to deliver high quality software throughout the development stack.
The role requires strong analytical skills, communication skills, as well as excellent programming skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How You Will Fulfil Your Potential
- The SPG organisation is part of a front to back alignment where engineers are embedded with the revenue generating part of the business. This provides opportunities to partner closely across the SPG organisation to deliver the firm even more effectively and efficiently to our clients.
- You will be relied upon to be proactive in your approach, managing both daily tasks and a project role
- You will be building upon both teamwork and communication skills as you become integrated within the team, and will also have the opportunity to develop technical and analytical abilities as you progress on various projects and programmes of work
- You will have the opportunity to liaise with the global SPG engineering teams and other teams within the Engineering division
Skills and Experience We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's / Master's degree, preferably in a STEM subject, such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics etc.
- 5+ years of experience in building applications in a commercial environment
- A solid understanding of object orientated programming skills (Java, Python, C++, or other OO technology) including data structures and algorithms.
- A good understanding of the principles behind test-driven development (TDD) with hands-on experience of unit testing
- Proficient with databases systems; able to write and analyse complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions
- Able to analyse non-trivial interdependencies between systems and possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills with a history of user/team interaction
- Highly motivated individuals that are committed and capable of working to timelines
- Interest or experience in financial services and trading businesses is expected
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top