Front End Engineer - Equities Electronic Trading
The Control Engineering team is responsible for developing and enhancing control implementations and tooling to allow monitoring, as well as command and control UIs for the front-to-back architecture across Securities Division. We undertake a key role in the architecture of the platforms, and our success contributes directly to the efficient functioning of the firm's trading and sales operations on a day-to-day basis.
Front to Back Post Execution Desktop is a brand new real-time user interface originally to be built for the Equities post execution trade flow to facilitate client queries and manage trade flow with a long term objective to cover all asset classes. Enables Sales, Traders and Operations teams to have a low latency real time trade view of flow coming from the front to back trade processing platforms.
As this is a new initiative, we will be involved in the evaluation and selection of components and frameworks to use. We will support customisable docked grids, charts and more to show real time trade data sourced from a streaming database such as AMPS. The application will also allow a flexible set of commands to take actions on the entities on the screen. Standard dashboard features such as filters and pivots will also be supported.
We are an Agile (Scrum) self-organised team. We are running Scrum sprints with iterative feedback loops with our clients and continual improvement of the team's processes. We are looking for talented engineers who have an insatiable appetite for learning, passionate about building commercial/innovative solutions and developing highly effective teams.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Strong UI developer with good UX experience
- Driven individual with strong analytical, design and architecture skills
- Ability to efficiently work within a global team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good team player and good interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and able to work in a high paced environment
- Must be willing to handle first line support calls and work on a support rota
- Maintain a focus on quality, attention to detail, communication and delivery to tight timescales
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Full Stack Developer with 3+ years of experience in developing web applications using HTML5/React.JS/AngularJS/Angular on Typescript
- Good knowledge of core Java and middle tier systems
- Real time streaming using Websockets, and Restful services
- Web development frameworks with NodeJS, Gulp etc
- Frameworks and components like Bootstrap, ag-Grid etc
- Familiarity with testing frameworks (Karma, Jasmine, PhantomJS, Selenium, Cucumber) and concepts of Test Driven Development, Regression and Parametric Testing
- Strong skills in Web services, Spring, Vert-x to support Rest and Websockets
- Strong OO design skills and experience
- Design Patterns knowledge
- View servers, such as AMPS
- Linux / Unix skills including scripting (shell)
- Working experience with databases
- Experience in developing distributed real-time systems
- Knowledge of financial markets would be an advantage
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Kelsey L.Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top