MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CONSUMER AND COMMERCIAL BANKING
In Goldman Sachs Bank USA, we offer a wide range of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. Our teams seek to provide the highest level of customer service and support in everything we do. The Bank offers high yield savings accounts and a variety of loan products to individuals and private bank, corporate and community clients. Our savings products include an online savings account and certificates of deposit in a variety of terms.
We are seeking an analytical and creative individual to help develop and optimize consumer fraud risk strategies for Marcus by Goldman Sachs. This role will help shape the strategies that protect the identities of consumers and the firm's assets.
Digital Finance is composed of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses which include the online consumer lending business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, the firm's first-ever direct-to-consumer platform built from the ground up, and the online consumer deposits business, GS Bank. These businesses offer personal loans and savings products to customers throughout the United States. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 147-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up to help our customers achieve financial progress through customizable solutions that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity.
The Credit and Business Risk team is responsible for the development of the models and strategies that drive the underwriting and verification decisions for our consumer finance businesses. Covering all aspects of the life cycle of a consumer relationship, the Credit and Business Risk team is critical to the effective management of consumer banking risks for the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As part of the fraud team you will be responsible for the development of new strategies, business processes and solutions to prevent consumers from being victimized by fraud and protecting the firm from financial losses due to fraud. The role will involve working closely with product, technology and data science teams to develop solutions and improve the performance of the portfolio.
As part of this team you will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing strategies to identify and prevent fraud
- Performing portfolio risk trend analysis
- Developing reporting to support the management of the business
- Supporting operations teams to identify trends and opportunities for process improvements
- Working with technology team to find, develop and implement solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Engineering or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in the job offered or in a similarly technical field.
- Experience with using data science tools (Python, Spark preferred) to solve business problems.
- Experience building quantitative strategies for a consumer business
- Knowledge of fraud risk vendors and technology in consumer finance or digital services industry
- Experience with consumer banking authentication tools and methodologies
- Developed reporting and used data visualization to report on trends or analysis
- Familiar with Java and other programming languages and their capabilities
- Managed projects and worked with technology teams to implement solutions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top