Financial Planning & Analysis
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
In Goldman Sachs Bank USA, we offer a wide range of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. Our teams seek to provide the highest level of customer service and support in everything we do. The Bank offers high yield savings accounts and a variety of loan products to individuals and private bank, corporate and community clients. Our savings products include an online savings account and certificates of deposit in a variety of terms
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world. Marcus by Goldman Sachs provides products to help people manage their finances. The first product from Marcus is a fixed-rate, no-fee unsecured personal loan that enables customers to tailor their monthly payment options to fit their schedule and budget. Marcus, a brand of Goldman Sachs, benefits from the firm's 147-year history of financial expertise, risk management and customer service. Goldman Sachs is seeking innovative, problem solving team members to help build and grow its digital, direct to consumer businesses, Marcus by Goldman Sachs (www.Marcus.com) and GS Bank (www.GSBank.com). The team leverages Goldman's financial services expertise and core competencies in technology, analytics and risk management in addition to strong balance sheet capabilities to create a winning position in the market. While benefiting from the strengths of a large company, the team operates in an entrepreneurial environment, unburdened by legacy costs and fixed infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity to be a team member of a newer consumer-facing business within one of the leading companies in the financial services industry while delivering value to consumers through differentiated products and user experiences.
Summary: As a member of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team, you will be working closely with the FP&A manager as well as the product and marketing leads for the deposits product in Digital Finance. In your role, you will be supporting the financial analysis for pricing and marketing decisions, monthly forecasting and CCAR/DFAST processes. This role plays an important and influential role for the business, working closely with management and bank Treasury.
- Building the financial planning, reporting and analysis infrastructure for the business, including budgeting processes and reconciliation to actual financial results, measurement and tracking of expenses incurred, and financial forecasting and modeling
- Working with the Business Head and other members of the deposits functional teams to build the business plan and financial projection model for the business
- Partner with colleagues in Digital Finance Technology on technology platform cost / infrastructure planning
- Building NPV frameworks to evaluate investment decisions for pricing and marketing spend
- Incorporating regulatory capital modeling for the business under CCAR, Basel III Standardized, Basel III Advanced and GS internal approaches into broader financial planning, in conjunction with a designated team of GS internal professionals
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- An extensive understanding and substantial knowledge of corporate finance concepts and FP&A best practices, including modeling, budgeting, forecasting, and KPI tracking
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, detail-oriented and proficient in building and handling complicated data sets
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate and present results highlighting the broader commercial and strategic impact
- Must be highly motivated, self-driven, collaborative, a strong communicator, comfortable following direction and able to balance being in the weeds with summarizing at a high level under short deadlines
- Must be extremely proactive and work well in a collaborative environment, with the ability to move projects forward independently
- Prior experience in creating frameworks for evaluating investment decisions and performing portfolio and account level profitability analysis
- 3 years of financial services or related work experience
- Experience with large data sets, technology and exposure to Consumer Finance a plus
- Fluency with Excel, SAS/SQL, R, Python.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top