Financial Crime Compliance, Government Sanctions, Analyst - Salt Lake City
Global Compliance advises and assists the firm’s businesses to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations. Global Compliance is dedicated to protecting the reputation of the firm, managing risk and helping to advance the business of the firm. Working closely with each business, Global Compliance professionals help to shape the direction of one of the most respected firms in the world. The major functions performed by Global Compliance include providing advice to the business, testing, monitoring, regulatory reporting, training, surveillance, managing regulatory audits and inquiries, and developing and implementing policies and procedures. From global financial centers to important developing markets, Global Compliance professionals interpret and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and determine how the firm can appropriately pursue global market opportunities.
Global Compliance interacts with more than 130 regulatory bodies in over 30 countries. We monitor trends and changes in regulations in all jurisdictions in which the firm does business. We share information and collaborate with regulators to manage financial market risk. Some colleagues in Global Compliance are former regulators and enforcement officers. More information: http://www2.goldmansachs.com/careers/our-firm/divisions/compliance/what-we-do.html
The Financial Crime Compliance is seeking an analyst for the firm’s Government Sanctions team, which ensures the firm’s compliance with the sanctions programs administered by the US Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), the UK’s Her Majesty’s Treasury (HMT), and others. The ideal candidate would have strong attention to detail, investigative skills, familiarity with Microsoft Excel, and the ability to collaborate within a team. Experience related to OFAC and HMT compliance or in the securities and/or banking industry is desirable, but not required.
- Review, approve and, when appropriate, escalate cases generated through the daily screening of the firm’s transactional, customer, product and other data against relevant government sanctions lists to ensure compliance with applicable sanctions programs.
- Use investigation systems and techniques independently to resolve possible sanctions issues.
- Adhere to the Government Sanctions Group’s established policies and procedures.
- Ensure metrics, deadlines, and record-keeping obligations established by management are met.
- Miscellaneous responsibilities as required.
Basic Qualifications•Strong attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, and an aptitude for learning new systems and applications.
- Ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and well-organized.
- Experience related to OFAC and HMT compliance or in the securities and/or banking industry is desirable, but not required.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top