Financial Crime Compliance, AML/KYC, Vice President – Salt Lake City
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Financial Crime Compliance (“FCC”) brings together various groups whose complementary areas of expertise enable Goldman Sachs to optimize its enterprise-wide efforts to prevent and detect financial crime. FCC consists of the global Anti-Money Laundering Group, the Government Sanctions Group, the Anti-Bribery Group, the Electronic Communications Surveillance Group, the Risk and Policy Group, the Strategy and Planning Group, and the Financial Crime Compliance Forensics Group. The combined team is composed of professionals with extensive law enforcement, regulatory, legal, compliance, operations, consulting and business experience. It leverages an array of risk ranking, due diligence, surveillance, and analytical processes designed to prevent, detect and report potential money laundering, securities fraud, terrorist financing, bribery, corruption and other violations of law and regulations. Financial Crime Compliance supports all of the firm’s core businesses and has personnel in twelve cities in eight countries.
The Know Your Customer / Enhanced Due Diligence leader will coordinate the firm’s efforts related to customer identification, due diligence and enhanced due diligence for the firm’s consumer-facing businesses. Initial responsibilities include becoming knowledgeable on the firm’s current approach to Know Your Customer and due diligence processes and assisting the firm in deploying new standards and corresponding workflows calibrated for the scale and velocity of consumer businesses. The KYC leader will also manage a team fielding questions and escalations related to customer identification requirements, as well as perform due diligence and enhanced due diligence reviews of new and existing customers.
The ideal candidate:
- Is knowledgeable on the BSA/AML customer identification and due diligence requirements of the USA PATRIOT Act, particularly as they relate to domestic retail banking customers
- Has managed a team executing customer on-boarding, AML due diligence or AML account activity reviews
- Is knowledgeable on industry utilities, including World-Check, LexisNexis Bridger, and/or Actimize
- Has prior experience risk-ranking customers for AML purposes and/or developing or calibrating an automated customer risk ranking process
Basic Qualifications• Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, and an aptitude for learning new systems and applications
- Ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues
- Proactive, self-motivated, and well-organized
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top