Financial Analyst - Los Angeles
Are you a quick-thinking self-starter with a passion for the financial markets, the desire to work closely with portfolio managers, and the ability to think outside the box? We are seeking Financial Analysts who have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, strong communication skills, and client service are essential to maintaining and enhancing our business.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client’s particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services.
Our Financial Analysts provide relationship management and support to PWM by monitoring portfolio holdings, analyzing asset allocations, researching potential investments, understanding financial market developments and trends, and executing trades while gaining a broad-based understanding of the asset management business.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work closely with Private Wealth Advisors to support and implement wealth management strategies for PWM clients
- Develop and prepare marketing presentations for prospective clients that address equity, fixed income, and alternative investment components of asset allocation
- Analyze equity and fixed income portfolios for risk and return characteristics
- Execute portfolio rebalancing
- Research internal and external investment vehicles for client asset allocation
- Keep abreast of the latest events in the financial markets
- Relay GS research and market views to Private Wealth Advisors
- Work in conjunction with various product groups within Investment Management to respond to client needs
- Assist with trading and provide client service and team support
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe, with the following locations in the United States: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Miami (Florida and Latin America coverage), Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, D.C. and West Palm Beach.
Basic QualificationsSKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Strong interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous colleagues and desks across the Firm
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Series 7 and 66 required (must be obtained within three months of employment)
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top