Finance Transformation, Anaplan Model Builder and Reporting, Associate, New York
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
The newly created Finance Transformation team within the Finance divisions is responsible for evaluating the Firm's internal CFO functions and implementing new processes and systems to better serve our internal stakeholder's and clients. We operate across all Divisions of the firm liaising with Divisional CFO's to establish requirements, build systemic solutions, and implement new processes to create complex data sets to drive Financial analysis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
A successful candidate would utilize his/her skills across the full enterprise data stack to be part of a stable, well-tuned and managed data environment for Finance professionals across the firm to solve business problems. This includes responsibility for building Anaplan models, creating and implementing user stories, utilizing BI Tools such as Alteryx and Tableau to drive large data analysis, and think strategically to drive change.
This individual will also help drive the appropriate governance to ensure best data practices, working to identify and eliminate barriers to progress in transformation across teams, and help teams improve the structure and integrity of their financial data. In addition, they will need to partner with broader transformation to ensure that we can use this capability to accelerate reengineering across firm.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to have an impact across all Divisions at GS as the prevalence and velocity of data intelligence grows - this role also provides an opportunity to interact at firm level, engaging the firm-wide strategy and playing a role in shaping the direction of the data tooling & strategy for the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Required: Experience building complex Anaplan models
- Preferred: Experience participating in Viz deployments (Tableau; Power BI; Qlik)
- Demonstrate passion to learn and adhere to data best practices
- Able to translate technical data capabilities to an operational and financial audience
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and an ability to maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Articulate issues clearly and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Listen well and be receptive to others' ideas and suggestions, encouraging open and collaborative dialogue among team members
- Identify client needs and appropriately work to understand the foundations of great client experience, while leveraging available internal tools to provide the best service possible
- Establish, cultivate and leverage relationships to identify and execute on process enhancements
- Articulate operational and risk impacts related to a specific task or procedure
- Implement controls to proactively manage risks in this domain (e.g. entitlement; data proliferation control etc.)
Management, Leadership & Culture
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills as part of a growing group
- Foster a culture of solving the firm's problems and driving towards business value
- Ability to manage a plan across multiple competing priorities and stakeholders
- Anaplan Modeling
- Tableau / Qliq / Power BI experience
- Experience in BI delivery through vendor platforms like Alteryx
- 3-5 years experience in high velocity delivery
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top