Finance, Tax, Indirect Tax Group, Associate, Jersey City
Tax Department Overview:
The primary mission of Tax is to ensure the firm’s compliance with the tax laws of those countries (and local jurisdictions) in which the firm conducts business and to assist businesses in managing tax risk. Key Tax functions include:
- Providing tax information for the firm’s financial statements;
- Preparing/supervising the preparation of U.S. federal, state, local and non-U.S. tax returns for the firm as well as for GSAM and Merchant Banking investment vehicles;
- Advising the firm’s professionals on the tax implications related to the firm’s businesses and/or transactions undertaken by or for the firm.
To work for a leading financial services organization’s in-house tax department.
The individual will work in the Indirect Tax (non-income tax) group.
- Prepare sales, property, and other excise tax returns for a number of the Firm’s entities
- Interact with other groups (i.e. – Commodities Operations, Corporate Real Estate and Accounting Services) to obtain information required to properly prepare returns
- Assist with audits
- Prepare state registration forms
- Prepare state refund claims
- Prepare written responses to state notices and correspond with state representatives
- Research various tax topics
Preferred Qualifications- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field required, Advanced degree and/or CPA a plus.
- Three to eight years’ experience
- Indirect tax experience a plus. Big four and/or commodities experience a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and highly detail-oriented.
- Strong computer skills overall; proficient with MS Excel and Word.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys working in a team-oriented environment.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top