Finance, Tax Department, Tax Technology Office, Associate, Jersey City
The Tax department is seeking a highly motivated individual with experience gathering business requirements, developing and supporting visual basic and SQL database user developed applications for a position in the area of tax technology and process improvement (Tax Technology Office).
- Assist tax managers in creating business cases
- Extract and translate user requirements into written business and functional requirements
- Liaise between Tax and Technology groups by communicating technical tax and systems concepts in both layman’s and technician’s contexts
- Work with Tax, Finance Controllers, Technology, business units, and outside consultants to leverage technology solutions for the Tax department
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and application of technology “best practices”
- Represent Tax in firmwide technology projects
- Troubleshoot current applications and develop change enhancements to meet functional and technical standards through engagement with other business analysts and stakeholders
- Help end users by creating “user developed applications” using MS Office automation and database development.
- Analyze and resolve production issues in a timely manner to the benefit of the end user
- Support application testing to ensure quality of work; create test plans, data, procedures, and test scripts; execute testing for ad-hoc projects; review and report test results; participate in production verification, validation, and issue management
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience performing business analyst role
- 3+ years of experience developing automated solutions
- Strong interest and aptitude for technology solutions, including automating data gathering, implementing and developing software, and database management
- Self-motivated, with strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Financial services industry experience a plus
- Finance division experience a plus
Technical/Programming and General Knowledge:
- MS Office Automation and Database development
- Databases Management: SQL, SYBASE, ORACLE, MS ACCESS
- Experience developing solutions with at least one of the following: T-SQL, VBA, VB, VB.NET, C#, HTML, CSS, ASP, ADODB
- Familiarity with SharePoint customization a plus
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top