Finance, Tax Department, Associate, Frankfurt
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Within the Frankfurt Tax Department, we are seeking an analyst or associate to work with senior Goldman Sachs tax professionals to enhance the Tax Department support of the Goldman Sachs EMEA business divisions. In addition further assistance will be required in the area of EMEA Corporate Tax and VAT compliance. The role is extremely broad and will require you to build on your existing tax knowledge to assist the team, as well as working on other ad hoc projects.
Assisting the department in:
- Business advice
- Providing advice to the Private Wealth Management division on transactions and investments
- Providing advice to the Asset Management division on transactions and investments
- Providing advice to the Securities division on transactions and investments
- Providing advice on internal entity or business restructurings and reorganisations
- Advising on FATCA, CRS and other tax related documentation
- Advising on transaction related taxes
- Providing tax training to business divisions
- Working with external advisors and other members of the EMEA tax department
- Providing support to other members of the EMEA tax department on tax accounting and compliance matters
- Working with external advisors and other members of the EMEA tax department to ensure tax compliance requirements are fulfilled for transaction related entities
- Tax process documentation
- Preparing and maintaining documentation to support tax processes undertaken in the different EMEA offices
- The successful candidate
- Is in possession of a university or vocational degree (Berufsakademie) preferably with Tax as main subject and a minimum of four years relevant tax knowledge gained through work experience as a tax accountant, tax lawyer or a member of the tax department in the financial industry. International tax experience is beneficial.
- Fluency in English and German
- Very good work-organization and high attention to detail
- Team player, excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with a strong client service attitude
- Microsoft Office skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top