Finance, Tax Compliance, Federal Tax Group, Analyst/Associate, Salt Lake City
Tax Department Overview:
The primary mission of Tax is to ensure the firm’s compliance with the tax laws of those countries (and local jurisdictions) in which the firm conducts business and to assist businesses in managing tax risk. Key Tax functions include:
- Providing tax information for the firm’s financial statements;
- Preparing/supervising the preparation of U.S. federal, state, local and non-U.S. tax returns for the firm as well as for GSAM and Merchant Banking investment vehicles;
- Advising the firm’s professionals on the tax implications related to the firm’s businesses and/or transactions undertaken by or for the firm.
To work for a leading financial services organization’s in-house tax department in the Federal Tax Compliance group.
- Review federal tax returns for a number of the Firm’s investment partnerships, non-operating controlled foreign corporations, and proprietary equity investments
- Interact with Controllers and other interfacing areas to obtain information required to calculate and properly report taxable income, complete required tax forms, statements, disclosures, etc.
- Prepare/review quarterly estimates of federal taxable income
- Prepare/review various calculations required for ASC 740 and FIN 48 purposes, including US GAAP income tax financial statement accruals and disclosures.
- Prepare/review other calculations used for firmwide tax planning
Preferred Qualifications•Degree in Accounting or related field, Advanced degree and/or CPA a plus
- 2 to 5 years’ experience with preparation/review of federal tax forms (Form 1120/1065/5471/8865/8858, etc.) a plus
- Big four, hedge fund, or financial services industry experience a plus
- Working knowledge of corporate and partnership taxation
- Strong analytical skills and highly detail-oriented
- Strong computer skills overall; proficient with MS Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of CorpTax and/or OneSource Tax Provision a plus
- Comfortable with learning new tax software applications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys working in a team-oriented environment
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top