Finance, Securities Division Operational Risk Analyst, Vice President
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals.
Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Beijing, and other major financial centers around the world.
We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client’s interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
The Operational Risk Management and Analysis Department, an independent risk management function, is responsible for developing and implementing a standardized framework to identify, measure, and monitor and operational risk across the firm.
The Operational Risk Analyst (ORA) role is for a professional with deep subject matter expertise dedicated to actively employing and strengthening the components of the firm’s operational risk management framework.
- Conducting scenario analysis, coordinating development of case studies to quantify and measure risks, maintaining a library of case studies
- New activity memos review – to ensure operational risks arising from new products, activity, migrations, etc. are properly considered
- Facilitation of operational risk event collection, performing detailed reviews of events, tracking of remediation, conducting trend analysis and reporting
- Exercising credible and effective challenge as a second line of defense
- Working with senior stakeholders within the business and federation divisions, strengthening and developing the risk framework and its individual components
- Remaining current on business drivers, regulatory and industry changes impacting the business, identifying new or emerging risks to which the business is exposed
- Contributing to operational risk capital determination and stress testing
- Conducting training and raise awareness of the operational risk framework
- Identifying, monitoring and analyzing risk measures
- Contributing to the advancement of operational risk methods and practices and the operational risk management framework
Skills & Experience:
This role requires an energetic self-starter who can liaise with business and federation teams both regionally and globally. Solid experience in businesses, products and control requirements are required together with strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of at least one product asset class in derivatives, securities and commodities, preferably equities and/or commodities.
- Experience in roles with direct expertise in the businesses with strong understanding on how the businesses operate and the products work, including familiarity with the business concepts such as hedging and valuation.
- Strong technical and quantitative aptitude to be able to understand and determine quantification of operational risks, ideally exposure to creating and understanding financial models.
- Risk management and control mind-set.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills – able to present with impact and influence
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter, work independently and proactively, proven track record of delivery
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail required
- Team oriented
- Inquisitive and enthusiastic
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top