Finance, Regulatory Controllers, London
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and other major financial centers around the world.
Regulatory Capital Reporting
London Regulatory Controllers are responsible for ensuring that Goldman Sachs International maintains adequate capital resources to meet the firm's investment business commitments and to withstand the risks to which the business is subject, e.g. Market Risk, Credit Risk and Operational Risk.
Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for the production of all internal and external prudential regulatory capital reporting for EMEA regulated entities. The current vacancy is for an associate candidate within the Regulatory Reporting Production Reporting team specialising in Capital, RWA and Leverage ratio computations.
The Regulatory Reporting team sits within the Controllers department, a part of the Finance division. This is a very high profile team involved in a wide range of areas/issues and involves interaction with many other areas of the Firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include the following:
- Calculating components of the regulatory capital position on a daily basis.
- Preparation and analysis of information used in frequent ad-hoc requests
- Preparation and presentation of PRA regulatory returns on a monthly/quarterly basis:
- UK entities COREP returns
- Various PRA returns (FSA001, FSA002, FSA015, FSA017) and Group FSA015, and FSA017
- Leverage ratio calculations and reporting
- Coverage of the Bank of England regulatory returns (BT, AD, AL, BE etc)
- Preparation, review and presentation of internal management information:
- Monthly/quarterly regulatory capital internal committee decks
- Capital forecast scenarios for ICAAP
- Qualified accountant
- Attention to detail and time management are essential skills for this role. In addition the candidate should have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
- Strong computing skills - comfortable with large data sets
- Strong Communication - ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to a broad range of people across the Firm at various levels of seniority
- Self-motivated and Proactive - Ability to run with issues, get involved hands-on, and provide constant high-quality feedback
- Flexible - ability to prioritize effectively under pressure in a visible area
- Ability to maintain mutual support within a high energy, high profile team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top