Finance, Product Control, New York, Analyst/Associate
Controllers ensure that the Firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. Controllers also ensure that the Firm’s activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets. Our Securities Product Control Team reports key financial data including P& L, balance sheet and price verification. This team works closely with business leaders of the FICC and Equities businesses.
New York Product Control: FICC, Equities.
Product Controllers become experts in their business and assess valuation, profit and loss attribution, and disclosure implications of the business’ positions and trades. Seeking an Analyst or Associate level hire to join the New York Product Control team. Key responsibilities include:
1. Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly profit and loss analyses for the trading business
2. Perform ongoing price verification procedures to ensure appropriate valuation of firm inventory
3. Assess new trades for appropriate valuation, accounting treatment, and disclosure in the financial statements
4. Become proficient in capital requirements impactful to the trading business
5. Analyze and report the balance sheet and funding sources of the trading business
6.Produce financial statements and/or relevant disclosures for the trading business
7. Work with the financial reporting team in preparation of key external reports such as earnings release and 10Q/ 10K disclosures
Basic Qualifications- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Accounting, Economics or Finance degree preferred, but not required
- CPA, or CFA preferred, but not required
Preferred Qualifications- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Highly motivated and adaptable; the ability to work on a global team of diverse individuals
- Proactive; the ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment
- Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and integrity
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top