Finance, Model Risk Management, Associate/Vice President
The Model Risk Management (MRM) group is a multidisciplinary group of quantitative experts at Goldman Sachs with presence in New York, London, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Bangalore. The MRM group is responsible for independent oversight of Model Risk at the firm, ensuring compliance with the Model Control Policy and related requirements, including documentation to evidence effective challenge over the Model development, implementation and usage of Models.
The group's primary mandate is to manage risk that arises from models used in the firm through its range of businesses– from models used for derivatives valuation to models used for risk management, liquidity and capital computations. In addition to independently reviewing these classes of models for their validity, theoretical consistency and implementation accuracy, the group is also responsible to assess the risk associated with model choice, e.g., exposure to choice of model in various contexts such as pricing exotic options or in calculating capital.
- Perform independent models validation and approval. Model validation entails assessing models in a very critical way, verifying their conceptual soundness, mathematical correctness and code implementation.
- Communicate the results of model validation activities, model limitations and uncertainties to the key stakeholders and management.
- Oversee ongoing model performance monitoring, including benchmarking and outcome analysis, performed by model developers
- Conduct periodic meetings with other control side stakeholders to review results of testing they perform
- Conduct annual review and revalidation of existing models
- Advise management on the risks associated with particularly large transactions, by leveraging understanding of model performance
Preferred Qualifications•MRM considers candidates of all degree types, with preference for those in quantitative fields such as math, physics, engineering, computer science, or financial engineering. For certain positions, advanced degrees (e.g. PhD, MFE) may be required.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Team oriented.
- Strong programming skills.
Additional skills/experiences that we value:
oModel development and/or validation
oElectronic trading development and/or validation
oQuantitative/systematic trading strategies, hedge funds, credit risk management
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top