Finance, MBD Controllers, Fund Accounting, Vice President, Irving
Responsible for fund accounting and financial reporting for entities which invest in foreign and domestic debt and equity investments accounted for at fair value. Vice President (VP) will supervise a team of approximately 4-8 staff including associates, senior analysts and analysts in daily postings to the general ledger, investor distribution analysis, management fee calculations, quarterly financial reporting, and numerous ad hoc management reporting requests. VP will also be responsible for coordination of the audit process, implementation of new accounting pronouncements, lender reporting, and investor reporting. VP will be expected to develop appropriate relationships with the parent company and ensure regular communication with them.
The VP will be expected to assist in identifying process improvements and documenting policies and procedures. The VP will ensure that all staff are adequately trained and that all work among the staff and other fund groups is performed in a standardized manner.
Basic Qualifications•CPA with minimum of 7+ years experience, preferably with public accounting and management skills.
- Candidate should have a strong knowledge of partnership accounting, consolidations, and equity accounting for investments.
- Previous experience should include financial statement preparation, accounting research and interpretation of accounting pronouncements.
- Candidate should have demonstrated ability to manage staff accountants and coordinate workflow such that deadlines are consistently met.
- Candidate should be deadline oriented and have strong organization and communication skills.
- Candidate should have proven ability to document processes and workflows.
Preferred Qualifications•Public Accounting experience
- Real Estate experience
- Private equity fund accounting
- Partnership accounting experience
- Knowledge of AICPA Investment Company guide
- Experience with debt investments
- Experience with hedge transactions
- Experience with international investments
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top