Finance, MBD Controllers, Fund Accounting, Analyst/Associate, Dallas
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Controllers Divisional Overview:
Controllers ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. In the Controllers Department, our professionals measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firm's business. Controllers also ensure that the firm's activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets. The Fund Accounting Team within the Controllers Group is looking to add an Analyst/Associate in Dallas, TX.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly accounting and reporting packages, including fund-level net asset values and investor capital statements for private equity investment funds.
- Prepare ad hoc reporting requests, management fee analysis, cash flow analysis, and provide assistance with client audit and financial reporting related requests.
- Prepare and book journal entries relating to daily cash activity, investment activity, currency purchases/exchanges, swap settings, debt payments, fund expenses, and investor contributions and distributions.
- Prepare period-end close transactions including mark-to-market valuation and foreign currency adjustments, accruals, and other transactions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- Strong accounting background, including booking journal entries, performing account reconciliation, and performing account analysis
- Strong Excel skills, effective communication skills, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage his/her workload such that deadlines are consistently met without exception.
- Public Accounting experience.
- Experience with debt and equity investments.
- Experience with private equity funds.
- Partnership accounting experience.
- Experience in accounting for foreign currency transactions.
- General ledger experience.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top