Finance, Legal Entity Controller, Associate, Frankfurt
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a Legal Entity Controller you will take complete ownership of the financial reporting and monitoring for a range of our German legal entities. You will develop an in-depth understanding of these entities, including their business strategies, products and associated technical accounting and disclosure requirements.
We're looking for a bright, driven professional to join our Controllers team in Frankfurt, who is keen to use and develop their technical accounting skills to provide high quality reporting and analysis of our entities' assets and profitability in a challenging and varied environment.
Controllers are a diverse team of specialists charged with ensuring the firm meets the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution.
Whether Legal Entity Controllers are ensuring the integrity of our entities' financial information, facilitating the firm's consolidation, or offering analytical and regulatory support, our work will contribute directly to the firm's success.
As contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department have the opportunity to experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated information technology systems on a daily basis. If you are keen to develop an in-depth understanding of financial services, Controllers is a great place to further your career.
The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who enjoy working in a strong team focused culture, and are motivated by opportunities for challenging stretch assignments. You will receive continuous training, both formal and informal, to ensure your ongoing professional development and have exposure to - and support from - senior members of our team from the outset.
The Controllers Team in Frankfurt is responsible for ensuring that the financial and regulatory requirements of our German entities are met, in accordance with statutory and firm requirements. The team also provides the business with advice on German regulations and plays a key role in new product implementations.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a Legal Entity Controller you will be responsible for:
- Preparation and analysis of monthly and quarterly financial reporting under US GAAP
- Preparation and analysis of annual financial statements under German GAAP, including resolving complex technical accounting issues and disclosure requirements and liaising with external auditors
- Take full ownership and become the subject matter expert for entire legal entities or branches
- Facilitating the quarterly consolidated reporting of the Goldman Sachs Group with regular interaction with Financial Reporting in New York
- Participation in global project work including system developments, implementation of new products and new regulatory developments
- Response to ad hoc queries from senior management
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Academic degree in finance or business administration
- Qualified Accountant or similar
- Professional experience in an accounting environment, preferably in the financial services industry in Germany
- Business fluency in German and English
- Good knowledge of accounting (US GAAP/German GAAP) rules
- Attention to detail and time management are essential skills for this role. In addition the candidate should have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
- Strong computing skills - comfortable with large data sets
- Strong communication - ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to a broad range of people across the Firm at various levels of seniority
- Self-motivated and proactive - Ability to run with issues, get involved and be hands-on, and provide constant high-quality feedback
- Ability to maintain mutual support within a high energy, high profile team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top