Finance, Investment Banking Operational Risk Analyst, Analyst/Associate
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Beijing, and other major financial centers around the world.
We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client’s interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
Operational Risk Management and Analysis (ORMA):
The Operational Risk Management and Analysis Department, an independent risk management function, is responsible for developing and implementing a standardized framework to identify, measure, and monitor and operational risk across the firm. The Operational Risk Analyst (ORA) role is for a professional with deep subject matter expertise dedicated to actively employing and strengthening the components of the firm’s operational risk management framework.
- Conducting scenario analysis, developing and maintaining a library of case studies
- Facilitation of operational risk event collection, enrichment of event data, perform detailed reviews of events, tracking of remediation, conduct trend analysis
- New Activity memos review – to ensure operational risks arising from new products and/or business, migrations, etc. are properly considered
- Exercising credible and effective challenge as a second line of defense, strengthening the risk framework and its individual components
- Remain current on business drivers, regulatory and industry changes impacting the business
- Conduct business training and raise awareness of the operational risk framework, their roles and responsibilities
- Contribute to the advancement of Operational Risk Methods and Practices and the operational risk management framework
- Identify, maintain and analyze risk measures
- Establishment and maintenance of a qualitative/quantitative business level operational risk appetite/tolerance with associated metrics, monitoring, triggers, escalation and mitigating actions
- Contribute to developing the firm’s operational risk framework including the design and project management for strategic platform enhancements
Basic QualificationsThis role requires an energetic self-starter who can liaise with business and federation teams both regionally and globally. Solid experience in businesses, products and control requirements are required together with strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Investment Banking Products and Services including business flows and deal life cycle.
- 3 – 4+ years of relevant experience, 1-2+ years in a consulting environment is ideal
- Excellent interpersonal, financial and analytical skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – present sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions.
- Self-starter, work independently and proactively with proven track record of delivery to improve current processes and develop creative solutions
- Strong organizational skills (project management experience a plus) and attention to detail
- Team work – collaborate with others within and across teams, encourage other team members to participate and contribute
- Inquisitive and enthusiastic with a strong client and business focus, effectively handle difficult requests, build trusting, long-term relationships
Judgment and Problem solving – anticipate questions, find alternative solutions and effectively analyze complex issues
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top