Finance, IMD/MBD Regulatory Controllers, Associate/Vice President, Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world. Goldman Sachs Investment Management Division (IMD), comprised of Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) and Private Wealth Management (PWM), provides asset management and wealth management solutions to world class institutions and individual investors globally. The Merchant Banking Division (MBD) is the primary business unit within GS for direct corporate, real estate and infrastructure investing by Goldman Sachs. MBD is one of the largest managers of private capital globally. Our Impact The Investment Management Division's Regulatory Controllers/Merchant Banking Division's Regulatory Controllers (IMD/MBD-RC) team's key responsibility is to assist IMD/MBD in ensuring compliance with applicable global regulatory requirements, supporting the regulatory change environment and maintaining relationships with key internal stakeholders including the portfolio managers/COOs, risk management, legal, compliance, operations, technology and finance as well as certain other external stakeholders including the regulators globally. IMD/MBD-RC partners with these stakeholders to onboard, interpret and implement new/changing regulatory requirements, and report to regulators to comply with global regulations including but not limited to Dodd-Frank requirements (Commodity Futures Trade Commission, Volcker and Securities and Exchange Commission), European Union's Alternative Investment Fund Management Directive and Luxembourg's Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) risk reporting. IMD/MBD-RC works closely with the various portfolio managers/COOs, strats, and finance engineering teams to build a scalable regulatory reporting platform that is connected to Goldman Sachs Data Lake and other databases, leveraging our breadth of knowledge across the businesses (fixed income, equity, quant etc.), to build/write reports, analyze and review the reporting data before submitting to the regulators. Regulatory reporting requirements involve complex models including notional exposure for all derivative types, counterparty exposures, portfolio liquidity, market risks including greeks, core accounting data sets etc.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Your Impact Key responsibilities include:
- Support a dynamic team to complete quality filings with respective global regulators on a recurring basis. You are expected to provide thought leadership, recommend constructive actions to make the filing process more efficient/effective, and execute on those recommendations.
- You will be aligned with specific trading desk(s), functional datasets and regulation. You are expected to be a go-to person and maintain stakeholder relationships for each of these areas of responsibilities in a relatively short timeframe. You will also interact directly with the portfolio managers/COOs to review and approve the reports prior to submission and assist in investigating data quality and resolving issues at source.
- You will be integral to a development team that is responsible for enhancing our IMD/MBD reporting framework, including development and testing of core technology systems to facilitate applicable regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with respective portfolio managers/COOs, strats and finance engineering teams to implement complex calculation and reporting rules around portfolio exposures and risks metrics and assist in improving data governance infrastructure.
- For new/evolving regulatory requirements, you are expected to partner directly with our legal/compliance teams to provide recommendations that will impact our regulatory policy making and interpretations, and partner with various portfolio managers/COOs and functional data owners to implement these requirements.
- You will be communicating directly with senior management across businesses and divisions to build consensus, communicate impact, escalate risks and provide thought leadership.
- Degree qualification required
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience in product control, asset management regulatory/compliance, asset management fund controller roles.
- CFA, CPA and/or MBA Preferred Competencies
- Knowledge and experience in working with various financial products
- Good understanding of broad aspects of various functions within the asset management industry
- Good understanding/experience with technology implementation and keen interest in how technology should be utilized to create value/scale
- Awareness and interests in the changing global regulatory landscape
- Always a team player who is energetic, enthusiastic and inquisitive
- Ability to engage cross functional key stakeholders, build consensus and drive change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and research skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top