Finance, GSAM Tax, Mutual Fund Tax Group, Vice President, Irving
Managerial role providing tax support to the Goldman Sachs Asset Management 1940 Act Funds, currently totaling 153 funds with over $312 billion assets under management.
- Provide subject matter expertise on Subchapter M of the Internal Revenue Code and the taxation of financial products, supporting other areas within GSAM including portfolio management, third party sales and distribution, private wealth management, and transfer agent.
- Review U.S. federal, state and local income tax returns and federal excise tax returns, including associated tax provisions and workpapers.
- Review of regulated investment company qualification tests.
- Manage and maintain procedures and controls over GSAM’s tax compliance processes, interacting and working efficiently with fund administrators, internal fund accounting and external service providers.
- Review financial statement disclosures.
- Manage and train junior staff.
- Participate in new fund launches, mergers, etc.
- Prepare and review year-end shareholder tax reporting and 1099 information.
Basic Qualifications•Minimum 8 years of mutual fund tax experience from a Big 4 public accounting firm or 12 years of mutual fund tax experience from private asset management firm.
- A demonstrated ability to drive and manage complex tax compliance and reporting processes.
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform tax research.
- Strong excel skills, ability to work with large data sets.
- Strong workpaper and documentation skills.
- Ability to learn and apply new skills.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top