Finance, GS Bank Finance and Treasury, Analyst/Associate - New York
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Contribute to and manage key team deliverables related to ongoing analysis, reporting and monitoring of the Bank's
o Revenues & expenses (including related market impacts)
o Liquidity & funding metrics
o Regulatory capital metrics
o Jump to fair value risk
- Conduct analytics required for the Bank's funding & liquidity projections, annual budget, capital plan and resolution plan
- Involvement in longer term strategic projects to advance agreed upon management initiatives, including development of forecasting models to evaluate impacts on the Bank's financial metrics
- Ad-hoc quantitative and qualitative analysis to
o Estimate potential implications of regulatory proposals
o Evaluate new businesses or transactions in the bank
o Enable competitor analysis and peer benchmarking
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Conceptual thinker & problem solver who is detail oriented, structured and organized in their execution
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment and build relationships with people from varied departments and levels of seniority
- Degree in Economics, Finance or other quantitatively oriented fields (or related background)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- 2+ years of relevant work experience (preferably in banking, consulting or a treasury/financial planning & analysis function at a financial institution)
- Self-starter who is able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Commercial and creative approach to problem solving
- Able to assume ownership of nebulous assignments
- Strong work ethic; willingness to roll up sleeves to get projects done
- Some programming experience would be ideal (but not mandatory)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top