Finance - Funding - Senior Analyst - Bengaluru
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm's assets: to help maintain the integrity of Goldman Sachs' finances and expenditures.
Through careful consideration and analyses of firm finances, objectives and strategies, we ensure that the firm's businesses continue to be profitable and efficiently run. Controllers also ensure that all business practices are in compliance with financial and regulatory requirements worldwide. Since contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated technology systems in depth.
Direct Hedge Funds, Hedge Funds Strategies, Private Equity Group teams within Controllers support the alternative investments
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Broad responsibilities include the following:
- Safeguard the assets and reputation of the firm by controlling and supporting the investment management division, as well as ensuring that they are in compliance with the firm's policies and with the rules/regulations that govern global financial markets
- Reviewing quarterly valuations and NAV for private equity funds, review yearend financial statements and perform related activities
- Handle reporting requirements to Senior Management and to IMD.
- Work closely with other divisions, including: Business Teams, Product Services, Operations, IT and Trading Divisions
- Work closely with fund administrators and auditors
- Lead a team of professionals, as applicable
Required skill sets include:
- Qualified CA with experience in the alternative investment/private funds' market and process management desired
- Work Experience: 3-5 years
- Basic knowledge of financial statements preparation & review; USGAAP, IFRS knowledge and experience in co-ordinating with Big 4 accounting firms during audit cycle is desirable.
- Basic industry knowledge and strong accounting knowledge. Accounting knowledge of financial products like Interest rate swaps, credit default swaps, currency options etc., is desired
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly and work in a team environment
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal, client relationship and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Self starter, inquisitive, enthusiastic with a strong analytical mind-set
- MS Office knowledge (Word, Excel) required
- Team management experience is a definite plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top