Finance Engineering - Liquidity Risk Technology, EMEA - London
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Understand liquidity implications and translate these considerations to architect intelligent applications that help to make the analysis of liquidity impact more accurate, transparent, and timely
- Analysing and defining requirements to challenging business problems
- Formulating and developing innovative and fault-tolerant technical solutions while helping to deliver them in a timely manner to meet frequently tight business deadlines
- Enhancing current systems to meet the growing business volumes and demands
- Monitoring performance and failure rates to recommend and engineer cost-effective solutions where needed
- Having exposure to all stages of the software development cycle with a range of technologies (standard and proprietary)
- Partner with the rest of the Technology and Strats organization to leverage our deep technical intellectual property and products from across the Firm to enhance control while also delivering best-of-breed commercial-quality enterprise applications for purpose of liqudity measurement and analytics
- Directly interface with the Business and our Federation partners in Finance and Risk
- People Management - Nurture the next generation of architects through mentoring both within the team and more broadly in the firm
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 5 years of banking or finance IT industry experience
- Exposure to front office, risk calculation or regulatory reporting systems
- Professional experience with Java
- Knowledge of relational database technologies, especially Sybase (ASE or IQ), DB2
- Track record of excellent client service and project delivery
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral)
- SecDb and SLANG knowledge, esp tradabl models OR willingness to embrace the GS proprietary trading technology
- Understanding of funding products & markets
- Experience of operating in complex technical environments
- Technical skills to include HTML5, Linux, scripting languages (Perl, shell), experience of automated builds, testing & deployment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top