Finance Division, Controllers, Product Control, Analyst/Associate, Hong Kong
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
In contact with every part of the firm, professionals in the Controllers Division will gain exposure to Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated technology systems. If you want to develop an in-depth understanding of financial services, Controllers is a great place to begin your career. You will receive continuous training, both formal and informal, and the support of senior members of our team.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Product Control is one of the largest departments within Controllers and supports the Securities Division across all asset classes: Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities, and Equities.
Its main responsibilities are to produce and analyze the daily trading activities, to report the trading divisions' profits and losses and to verify the values of positions held by the trading desks, both cash and derivative. This role requires extensive liaison with the trading desks, the Risk Management Group and the Operations Teams, as well as with colleagues in Controllers. Product Controllers are expected to develop a good understanding of the products they monitor and of the strategies used by the trading desk to generate revenue for Goldman Sachs. The function has become increasingly technical in content and offers a challenging and interesting role, which would suit dynamic, bright and ambitious individuals with a drive to succeed.
- Intelligently monitor the trading activity; highlight and report unusual activity.
- To be fully informed of all developments and issues in their trading areas.
- Interact with traders and their management.
- Liaise with Operations in problem solving capacity.
- Assess risk inherent in trading positions, whether market, compliance or reputational risk etc.
- Prepare daily P&L's for trading desks, involving pricing reviews to ensure reasonable valuation of inventory, and substantial use of the firm's accounting systems.
- Perform independent price verification on trading inventories. Month-end procedures preparing accounts for posting to the firm's general ledger.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of financial products and market awareness
- Strong communication skill
- Team player
- Strong character and control mindset, able to work under pressure
- Self confidence to interact with demanding internal clients
- Excellent PC skills (particularly Excel) and highly numerate
- Willing to take on extra responsibilities
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top