Finance Division, Controllers, Legal Entity Controller, Analyst, Melbourne
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics, and attention to detail, and innovative thoughts.
Are you passionate about financial control as well as keen to be part of a dynamic and international team? We're looking for a professional to join our Legal Entity Controllers Team in Melbourne which is responsible for every aspect in financial control for the key legal entities based in Australia, including the regulated broker-dealer and holding entities.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
In contact with every part of the firm, professionals in the Controllers Division experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated technology systems in depth. If you want to develop an in-depth understanding of financial services, Controllers is a great place to begin and develop your career. You will receive continuous training, both formal and informal, and the support of senior members of our team.
You will learn how we handle financial reporting for our key entities in the region and work with colleagues both locally and internationally, as part of Goldman Sachs's global reporting function. In addition, the team works on many local and global projects which have impact on our financial and operational structure and you will have the chance to experience these.
The Corporate Accounting team is responsible for the financial and regulatory reporting functions for the firm's various subsidiaries in Australia. Primary responsibilities:
• Preparation of the daily, monthly and annual regulatory capital monitoring and reporting including understanding the capital calculation rules.
• Maintain the books and records for the firm's subsidiaries
• Prepare consolidation reporting packages under US GAAP
• Prepare financial statements under relevant local GAAP
• Prepare regulatory and statistical returns to regulators and government agencies
• Ensure that control standards are maintained and documented
• Work closely with other areas within Controllers, both in Australia and globally, as well as with other divisions
• Participate in cross-divisional projects for new business initiatives
• Develop a broad understanding of the securities business and financial products
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 2-4 years of professional accounting experience with working knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self motivated and proactive, with a desire to succeed
- Strong control awareness
- Team player
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Excel
- Knowledge and experience in coding and self-service tool
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to think broadly and make connections between diverse issues and tasks
- Qualified accountant is preferred, but it is not a requirement, with working knowledge in coding or a double degree in Accounting/Finance and Computer Science preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Kelsey L.Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top