Finance Division, Controllers, IMD Fund Controller, Vice President, Tokyo
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Professionals in the Controllers Division experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated technology systems in depth. If you want to develop an in-depth understanding of financial services, Controllers is a great place to learn and experience the breadth and depth of Goldman Sachs businesses . You will receive continuous training, both formal and informal, and the support of senior members of the team.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Japan IMD Fund Controllers team within Controllers supports the investment management business in the region where GSAM funds are domiciled i.e. Japan and Australia. This role initially focuses on Japan fund business and will expand to Real Estate investment support and/or fund business in Australia. It requires extensive liaison with internal teams such as Operations, Fund Service, Shareholders Service, Portfolio Managers and Sales, and external accounting agent, trustee banks and fund accounting system vendor in Japan. Fund Controllers are expected to develop a good understanding of the funds, securities valuation, financial instruments, the strategies used by the portfolio managers, and the application of respective laws, regulations and industry rules. The function has become increasingly technical in content and offers a challenging and interesting role for dynamic, bright and ambitious individuals with a drive to succeed.
- Source securities/derivatives pricing and perform validation
- Calculate estimate fund NAVs and review official NAVs calculated by external accounting agent
- Issue fund NAVs to distributors, clients and media
- Calculate and review dividend paid out from funds
- Perform oversight on external vendors including accounting agent, trustee banks, fund accounting system vendor, printing companies
- Participate in projects to launch, restructure and terminate funds
- Work closely with other Federation teams including IMD Product Controllers, Operations, Fund Service, Shareholders Service, Technology and Tax for seamless fund operation
- Discuss funds' performance with Portfolio Managers to see if there are anomalies
- Prepare and review fund financial statements
- Prepare and review associated reports for investors and regulators
- Support Real Estate Investment business managed by GSAM
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Fluency in Japanese (both oral and in writing)
- Fluency in English(business level or above)
- Knowledge and strong interest in financial market/industry
- 3 years or more experience in asset management company
- Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other applications
- Team player
- Self-confidence to interact with internal clients
- Willingness to broaden knowledge / take greater responsibilities
- Flexibility to deal with changes
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively and escalate issues timely
- Capacity to consume information efficiently
- Ability to display good corporate citizenship
- CPA, CFA, CMA qualifications not required but are plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top