Finance Data Engineering - Vice President - Warsaw
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Our Data, Platform, Infrastructure and Risk engineers work with multiple Finance businesses to drive consistency, efficiency and reuse across Finance & Risk Engineering solutions via the delivery of common services, tools, frameworks, and practices.
With increasing complexity and volumes in Finance, we continuously need to scale our data. Cutting across all areas of Finance, our Data Engineering team is designing our common datastores in the Data Lake. We are opening a new team in Warsaw to join our dynamic global team of talented junior and senior developers, technical architects, and functional analysts who work in concert to deliver high profile projects using OO technologies.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Finance
- Build strong relationships with business partners
- Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements
- Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
- Lead a new team of Associates and Analysts to help them reach their full potential.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Expertise in Java development & Relational Databases
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java)
- In-depth knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
- Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
- Comfortable working in highly dynamic and rapid development environment (Agile development experience)
- Technologies: Linux and shell scripting, TDD (JUnit), build tools (Maven/Gradle/Ant), Scala, Spark, Tableau
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top