Finance, Credit Risk Management and Advisory, Latin America Credit Analyst - Associate/Vice President
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with background and experience in credit risk management, who would like to develop their career in an Emerging Markets role. You will make a critical contribution to management of the firm’s risk on a daily basis by providing senior coverage of corporate clients in Latin America.
Credit Risk Management and Advisory (CRMA) is responsible for managing the firm’s credit exposure to its trading counterparties. The department’s objective is to ensure that credit exposure to banks, brokers, corporates, funds, sovereigns, etc is managed within the firm’s risk appetite. Staffed with more than 350 professionals, CRMA operates through 8 different offices around the world. Credit professionals with expertise in financial, credit and risk analysis work closely with many areas of the firm, as well as clients, in either an advisory or transactional capacity. The New York based Latin America team is a small but high profile team within the CRMA department. The department is seeking to recruit a candidate at the VP level to help manage the credit risk portfolio in those markets.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Provide senior credit risk management coverage of a portfolio of clients in Latin America
- Assess the business and financial strength of the firm’s trading counterparts to determine acceptable levels of credit exposure and monitor internal credit ratings
- Analyse the risks inherent in the products GS trades, including increasingly complex derivatives transactions
- Represent credit views at senior risk and capital committees
- Coordinate with Investment Banking/Capital Markets, Sales & Trading, Legal, Operations and Compliance departments to approve business and ensure appropriate documentation, limits and risk mitigants to protect against a counterpart default and minimize potential losses
- Review and approve loan transactions, determine appetite and regulatory ratings
- Monitor credit trends in the portfolio, perform distressed analysis and estimate potential impairments
- Develop and manage relationships with colleagues from the broader CRMA department as well as with other areas of the firm
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Approximately 6 or more years of experience within a credit risk management role (other financial analytical backgrounds can be considered). Expertise across several corporate sectors would be an advantage. Specific experience covering an emerging market region is highly desirable, though not essential.
- Track record of independent decision-making and the ability to steer client and business negotiations
- Strong analytical skills with ability to rapidly grasp the mechanics of various financial products. Experience in investment banking products including derivatives and loan products. Experience in negotiation of derivative contracts (e.g. ISDA, CSA, CGD). Familiarity with regulatory issues around leveraged loans is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- Able to communicate at the most senior levels.
- Must be able to supervise, motivate and provide guidance to juniors on the team.
- Fluency in Spanish / Portuguese
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top