Finance, Credit Risk Management and Advisory (CRMA), Product Analysis & Control Team (PACT), Analyst, Salt Lake City
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Credit Risk Management and Advisory (CRMA)
The Credit Risk Management & Advisory Department (“CRMA”) is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework, with primary responsibility for assessing, monitoring and managing credit risk at the Firm. CRMA is staffed globally with offices including New York, London, Frankfurt, Salt Lake City, Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo. As a member of CRMA you will interface with a variety of divisions around the firm (Legal, Compliance, Operations, etc.) as well as the other regional CRMA offices. The interaction with numerous departments and the diverse projects that ensue allow for a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment.
We partner with other divisions in the firm and externally with clients to support the firm’s wide array of banking and trading business. CRMA professionals are part of the value proposition of the firm and we balance our key functional responsibility of control with that of being commercial. CRMA has strong traditions of risk management, client service excellence and career development opportunities for our people.
Below you will find the role and responsibilities of a typical Product Analysis & Control Team Analyst
- Product risk management including credit limit monitoring, exception management, and regular / ad hoc risk exposure reporting. These functions are critical to the Firm’s ability to effectively monitor counterparty credit quality migration and take appropriate actions.
- Counterparty risk management including sourcing, managing, and taking ownership of information integrity by understanding risk metrics and thresholds. These responsibilities are essential to the effective risk management of mutual funds, hedge funds, financial institutions, corporations, and governments to which GS takes credit risk.
As a CRMA professional, you might:
- Analyze, monitor, and report the Firm’s credit exposures across lending, derivative, and funding products
- Flag exposures that exceed the firm’s appetite to its counterparties to senior managers and other colleagues
- Identify and appropriately escalate issues related to data and work accuracy and quality
- Take initiative to identify opportunities for process improvements and develop methods to reduce risks, increase controls, and increase communication
- Develop an understanding of the financial services industry and the Firm’s business activities
Basic Qualifications• Functional background or relevant experience in finance and accounting is preferable
- Experience in credit analysis, ratings analysis, corporate finance and/or research desired
- Highly motivated with strong academic background and a commitment to excellence
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
- Team player with an ability to work effectively with colleagues in other regional offices
- Flexibility, ability to learn quickly
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top