Finance, Credit Risk Management and Advisory (CRMA), Credit Risk Review - Model Validation Team, Associate, Salt Lake City
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The Credit Risk Review Group (CRRG) complements the Firm’s independent risk-management infrastructure by providing ongoing monitoring of the loan and derivative portfolio of the Credit Risk Management & Advisory Department (CRMA). The group reports directly to the Chief Credit Officer (CCO), and its function is independent of CRMA’s credit approval process.
We are currently seeking an outstanding quantitative Masters or Ph.D. candidate to join our team in Salt Lake City at the Associate level, preferably with finance and/or some project management experience.
The CRRG Associate will be part of a small, dynamic team responsible for overall credit support and oversight of CRMA. The team’s specific responsibilities include validating various internal ratings, frameworks and models, monitoring adherence to policies and procedures, identifying existing and emerging credit quality problems.
- Independently assessing and validating models and frameworks that are developed and used by CRMA to manage the Firm’s risk. These can include models for probability of default (PD), loss given default (LGD), potential exposure (PE), allowance for loan loss reserves, etc
- Interacting with members of CRMA globally as well as other divisions within the Firm
- Reporting and presenting findings and recommendations to senior management in CRMA
- Coach / mentor more junior members of the group related to model validation responsibilities
Additionally, some travel to other GS offices may be required given global coverage of team.
Basic Qualifications• Strong quantitative and analytical skills with a Master or Ph. D. degree in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Quantitative Finance, Econometrics, Engineering, etc.)
- Hands-on high level programming skills (C++, MATLAB, SAS, R, etc.), and strong Excel skills
- Comfortable with explaining complicated mathematical and statistical models in an intuitive manner
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with derivatives and loan products would be preferred
- Strong project management / organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Ability to work independently, but in close coordination with others as part of a team
- Highly motivated with strong academic background
- For candidates with a Master degree, experience in risk management or finance is preferred
- Understanding of financial markets and products, experience in Basel regulatory capital calculation, bank regulations, and experience in Monte Carlo simulation are a plus
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top