Finance, Credit Risk Management and Advisory (CRMA), Credit Risk Review, Analyst, Salt Lake City
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The Credit Risk Review Group (CRRG) complements the Firm’s independent risk-management infrastructure by providing ongoing monitoring of the loan and derivative portfolio of the Credit Risk Management & Advisory Department (CRMA). The group reports directly to the Chief Credit Officer (CCO), and its function is independent of CRMA’s credit approval process. Formed in March 2009, the group is headquartered in New York.
The CRRG Analyst will be part of a small, dynamic team responsible for overall credit support and oversight of CRMA. The team’s specific responsibilities include validating various internal ratings and classifications, monitoring adherence to policies and procedures, identifying existing and emerging credit quality problems.
Credit-related services include the following:
- Independently assess the credit and financial strength of the firm’s risk parties to determine if internal ratings and levels of credit exposure are acceptable
- Monitor adherence to documentation, limits and risk mitigants including loan and derivative covenant review
- Manage and report findings at a risk party and portfolio level
- Produce qualitative commentaries for CRMA, Firm and Bank management
Additionally, some travel to other GS offices may be required given global coverage of team.
Basic Qualifications• Bachelors Degree
Preferred Qualifications• Experience or knowledge in credit analysis, ratings analysis, corporate finance and/or research
- Experience with internal audit or credit/loan risk review process preferred
- Knowledge of bank regulations as it relates to risk management
- Functional background or relevant experience in finance and accounting
- Knowledge of lending products, as well as capital markets/traded products
- Understanding of credit/loan documentation
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Highly motivated with strong academic background
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently within a team structure
- Flexibility, ability to learn quickly
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top