Finance, Corporate Treasury, Associate/Vice President, Salt Lake City
Corporate Treasury works closely with the CFO, Treasurer and other members of senior management to manage the firm's funding, liquidity, capital and relationships with creditors and regulators. The department plays a key role in firmwide strategic and analytical projects, providing a unique insight into the firm's business activities and performance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Responsibilities May Include
- Perform critical analytics on various metrics and identify drivers, trends and risks to make recommendations to senior management on positioning and optimization opportunities
- Analyze, assess and manage the firm's interest rate risk
- Plan, execute, and review treasury funding strategies
- Size and manage the firm's liquidity pool
- Manage various secured and unsecured funding programs, such as repo funding, term bonds, and bank deposits, in partnership with the Securities Division
- Manage and optimize firm / customer inventory and derivatives collateral
- Optimize the level and composition of the firm's capital base relative to its risk profile
- Analyze new business initiatives and products to assess their funding and capital requirements
- Interpret and respond to new regulations that have an impact on liquidity, funding and/or capital
- Create presentations related to liquidity, funding and capital for discussion with the Board of Directors, senior management, counterparties/clients, ratings agencies and regulators
Skills / Experience
- Ability to work on multiple projects with a high attention to detail
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and form independent judgments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Comfortable building models, managing large amounts of data, and analyzing the output to identify trends or present solutions
- Ability to interact with and build relationships with people from different departments and levels of seniority
- Self-starter with good commercial perspective
- Prior experience in treasury or a relevant field (for example, Risk Management, Funding, Corporate Finance, Capital Markets) a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top