Finance, Corporate Treasury, Asset Liability Management, Associate
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Description of Corporate Treasury
Corporate Treasury works closely with the CFO, Treasurer and other members of senior management to manage the firm's financial resources and structural risks. These include: market risk, liquidity risk and capital risk. The department also manages key relationships with external stakeholders and regulators, and plays a significant role in firmwide strategic and analytical projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Asset Liability Management (ALM) function is responsible for managing the term structure and liquidity risk of assets and liabilities. ALM manages the process of aligning costs and benefits associated with funding and contingent liquidity risks to underlying business lines, products, and activities. The team administers the firm's funds transfer pricing policy which is an input to financial resource management and aligns with and complements the firm's funding and liquidity risk management processes.
Responsibilities May Include
- Analyze, assess and make recommendations around the quantification and management of the firm's asset and liability gaps, interest rate risk exposures, and contingent funding requirements
- Analyze underlying risk behaviors of both asset side and liability side exposures and make recommendations for how these should be modelled and managed on an ongoing basis
- Maintain dialogue with businesses to monitor any projected changes to business liquidity or funding needs. Analyze, interpret and sign off on business unit ALM reports
- Make recommendations for treasury funding strategies and funding planning
- Analyze new business initiatives and products to assess the ALM implications
- Interpret and respond to new regulations that have an impact on the firms asset and liability management or funds transfer pricing framework
- Create presentations related to asset and liability management, funds transfer pricing, central rate risk management and central P&L allocation methodologies
- Coordinate with model developers and engineering teams to assess model enhancements related to liquidity of business sources and uses of funding and funds transfer pricing frameworks
Skills / Experience
- Ability to work on multiple projects with a high attention to detail
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and form independent judgments
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Comfortable managing large amounts of data, and analyzing the output to identify trends or present solutions
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude, good commercial judgement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact with and build relationships with people from different departments and levels of seniority across global locations
- Broad understand of financial market products and transfer pricing principles a plus
- Prior experience in treasury or a relevant field, or experience with ALM modelling - retail banking book modelling a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top