Finance, Controllers Technology Office, Financial Systems Risk Management Support, Sr.Analyst/Associate, Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
FINANCEWe're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counter-parties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Group Background Controllers Technology Office (CTO) is a group within Controllers whose primary responsibility is to partner with Controllers users and the technology organization to expand and improve the strategic systems architecture that supports Controllers work-flows. As such, CTO plays an integral role in identifying, designing and implementing best in class technology solutions for Controllers to meet the growing reporting requirements of executive management, as well as the rapidly changing external financial and regulatory reporting environments. Additionally, the Financial Systems Risk Management (FSRM) team within CTO is responsible for implementing and governing control procedures to ensure accurate internal and external reporting. This function supports controls and governance required in Controllers systems, including sub-ledger, account opening, and financial reporting systems.
- Manage data integrity through the implementation and governance of an effective control framework
- Analyze and maintain security administration for user population
- Facilitate the creation/modification of key system attributes required to accommodate evolving financial and regulatory reporting requirements
- Collaborate with stakeholders such as Technology, Controllers, Market Risk and Internal Audit to ensure accurate and consistent data quality
- Participate in the testing of new functionality and system enhancements/upgrades
- Assist users in the documentation and timely resolution of system related issues
- Train new and experienced users globally to properly input and report information from financial applications
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2 - 5 years of work experience
- Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting or Technology preferred
- Prior experience in financial services or technology industry preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral; confident in interaction with all levels of employees
- Detailed-oriented, self-motivated and organized with proven ability to multi task varying priorities and deliverables
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Thrives in fast-paced, deadline driven environment as both an individual and team contributor
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to identify, address, and prioritize problems that may arise
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top