Finance, Controllers, SEC Financial Reporting, Sr. Analyst/Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SEC Financial Reporting is a sub-group within Financial Reporting responsible for preparing the firm's quarterly and annual SEC filings (i.e., 10-Q, 10-K). The team interfaces with global Product Controllers, Legal Entity Controllers (LECs), Accounting Policy, Legal, Funding, Treasury, Credit Risk, Market Risk and other constituents in order to ensure that reporting requirements are satisfied. In addition, the team participates in, and frequently sponsors, ad hoc projects with various departments across GS in order to address new accounting pronouncements and other regulations and to improve the overall efficiency of the reporting process.
Principal Responsibilities: The Senior Analyst / Associate's areas of responsibility will include:
- The preparation of the firm'ss quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements, footnotes, XBRL filings, financial statement review packages and other relevant information.
- The Senior Analyst / Associate will act as a liaison between LECs, Product Controllers, Management Reporting, Accounting Policy and other internal departments in order to ensure that reporting requirements are satisfied.
- The Senior Analyst / Associate will also be responsible for providing guidance to LECs and Product Controllers on quarter-end processes.
- The Senior Analyst / Associate will be involved in projects with various departments, such as working with Investor Relations to provide input on presentations, implementing procedures to comply with new FASB pronouncements, updating policies and procedures, system integrations, and proposing improvements and efficiencies to existing reporting processes.
- The Senior Analyst / Associate will also identify development areas and propose solutions aimed at improving the process by which information is collected, analyzed and controlled.
- Degree in Accounting
- 2-5 years relevant work experience (preferably with a public accounting or financial services firm)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to lead a team and run projects
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment under challenging deadlines
- Strong PC skills and working knowledge of consolidation and reporting systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top