Finance, Controllers, SEC Financial Reporting, Associate, New York
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
SEC Financial Reporting is a group within Financial Reporting responsible for preparing the firm's quarterly and annual SEC filings (i.e., 10-Q, 10-K). The team interfaces with global product controllers, Legal Entity Controllers (LECs), Accounting Policy, Legal, Funding, Treasury, Credit Risk, Market Risk and various other teams across the firm. In addition, the team participates in and frequently sponsors ad-hoc projects with various departments across GS in order to address new accounting pronouncements and other regulations, and to improve the overall efficiency of the reporting process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The individual will assist in the preparation of the firm's quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements that are filed with the SEC. This will include significant interaction with various finance teams across the firm, including global product controllers, LECs, Accounting Policy, Legal, Funding, Treasury, Credit Risk, Market Risk and various other teams across the firm. The individual will be involved in cross-functional projects, such as implementing new accounting standards, developing procedures to comply with new pronouncements, updating policies and procedures, system integrations, and proposing improvements and efficiencies to existing reporting processes.
The Associate's areas of responsibility will include:
- Preparation of the firm's quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements, footnotes and XBRL filings
- Obtaining a thorough understanding of accounting standards relevant to the disclosures in the 10-Q/K and ensure compliance with the requirements
- Preparation of financial statement and disclosure review packages
- Coordination of quarterly disclosure meeting with stakeholders.
- Acting as a liaison between LECs, Product Controllers, Management Reporting, Accounting Policy and other internal departments in order to ensure that reporting requirements are satisfied
- Responsible for providing guidance to LECs and Product Controllers and other finance team on quarter-end deliverables
- Identifying development areas and proposing solutions aimed at improving the process by which information is collected, analyzed and controlled.
Degree in Accounting (CPA preferred)
4+ years relevant work experience
Excellent interpersonal, communication and multi-tasking skills
Strong analytical and organizational skills
Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment under challenging deadlines
Strong Excel and Word skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top